Indian Cuisine has been influenced by various cultures. Vegetable and Paneer tikka (English name: marinated paneer/cottage cheese cubes) is the popular snack dish made with paneer and vegetables. This recipe is grilled in a tandoor or in oven. This dish can be the best party snack when served with soft drinks. For non-vegetarian lover, the same can be prepared using chicken and called it as chicken tikka.
Do try this yummy recipe at any time and spend quality time with friends/family. Below I have listed the ingredients and steps to prepare it
- Paneer , cut into 2 inch pieces -200 gms
- Green capsicums – 1 medium ,cut into 2 inch pieces
- Onion – 1 medium , quatered and layers separated
- Roasted besan – 2 tbsp
- Hung yogurt – ½ cup
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Tumeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Chaat masala – ½ tsp
- In a bowl mix together , roasted besan , yogurt, red chilly powder, salt, garam masala, ginger garlic paste, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Then add paneer, capsicum and onion pieces and mix so that the marinate paste coats all the pieces.Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Arrange all the marinated pieces on the bamboo skewers.
- Place the skewers on the baking tray. Roast them for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle chaat masala on the tikka.
- Vegetable and paneer tikka is ready to serve.
Paneer or Vegetable tikka have become a household name due to its popularity. Many food outlets offer it in their menu. If you are a fast food fan and want to enjoy tikka, then many famous food chains also offer it now. For example Pizza hut or dominos offer paneer tikka as a topping on most of their dishes. Others multinational companies such as Subway, McDonald’s and many Indian food chains also offer it along with other great delicious food.
Other popular varieties of vegetarian tikka which can be tried are mushroom tikka, gobi tikka, marinated fruits tikka (common in BBQ food outlets), aloo tikka etc.
So are you ready to enjoy this tasty tikka. Buy soft drinks online and start partying/enjoying with delicious tikka.
I will be happy to hear your experience on preparing tikka at home. Do leave your comments below!