Have you ever wondered, what is the most common food across the streets of North India? If you guessed “chaat” then you had a perfect guess. But I am sitting in south India and enjoying best coffee along with a special chat “Bhel puri”. As my friends sipped their favorite best tea along with “bhel”. we remembered our time spent in Delhi. Relishing old memories we agreed that nothing can satisfy the remorseful pleasures of an Indian food better than some piquant, tasty chaat? You do not agree. Taste it and then let us debate about it.
Well for now, I think you do not need to go to any restaurant for tasting “bhel”. It is easy to make it at home. Order the coffee and tea online or through a nearby store and let’s start preparing the delicious “bhel puri”.
Bhel puri is one of the famous chaats and one of my favorites. It is easy to make and tastes delicious. It is made up of puffed rice, potato, onion, tomato, sev and chutneys( green chutney and tamarind chutney).
- Puffed rice – 2 cups
- Green chutney – 2 tbsp
- Tamarind chutney – 2 tbsp
- Boiled potato, chopped – 1 large
- Onion, chopped – 1 medium
- Tomato, chopped – 1 medium
- Red chilly powder – ½ tsp
- Chat masala – 1 tsp
- Cilantro, chopped – ¼ cup
- Fine sev – ½ cup
- Pomegranate seeds – ¼ cup
- Papadis- few
- Salt to taste
- Boil potato and chopped into small cubes.
- Finely chop onion and tomato.
- Dry roast puffed rice on low flame. Allow it cool down.
- Then take a bowl, add together puffed rice, green chutney, tamarind chutney, boiled potato, chopped onion, chopped tomato, red chilly powder, chat masala, chopped cilantro and salt.
- Mix well till all the ingredients incorporate with each other.
- Then add fine sev , crushed papadi and pomegranate seeds. Mix everything well.
- And here we go bhel puri is ready and serve it immediately.
From the streets of North India, chaats have now become famous all over the world. Hardly any Indian can resist chaat, and now this delicious cusine has earned its share of many loyal global followers too! Nothing can be more exciting than having a plate of chaats accompanied by sociable chitchat of friends (people who had to buy tea online) and family (people who had to buy coffee online). The combo of chaats along with favorite beverage makes the discussion much more joyful.