Doodh Dulari is a popular sweet dish of Pakistan. This dessert is known to be the sweet of goodness in every Pakistani wedding. The name of the dish "Doodh Dulari" can sound a little bit funny but the taste can make you to fall in love with it. Well, when I came across this dish. I found this dish very complicated. But after trying I found it was very simple and creative one. The base for this recipe is regular shahi semiya kheer. And this kheer is then pamper with colorful gems like varieties of jellies, rasgullas or gulab jamuns, some nuts and finally fresh home made khoya or mawa is added. This dessert can be a big hit to any parties. Just a bowl of doodh dulari can compensate the whole pack of icecream. Without much delay, lets know how to make this royal doodh dulari.
- Full fat milk – 1&1/2 litre
- Condensed milk – 1 tin
- Roasted Vermicelli – 1 cup (If you do not find the roasted one, roast the plain vermicelli with 1 tbsp of ghee
- Strawberry jelly packet (for red jelly)
- Banana jelly packet (for green jelly)
- Pineapple jelly packet (for yellow jelly)
- Mini rasgullas – 20 pieces
- Dry fruits (cherries, truity fruity, roasted cashew nuts, roasted almonds ) – ¼ cup
- Mawa or khoya – 1 cup (scrumbled)
- Rose water – 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1tsp
- Make ready all the jelly as per the instructions mentioned on the packets.
- Bring the milk to rolling boil and cook till milk reduces to its ¼ th of its original quantity.
- Add roasted vermicelli and cook it for 20 minutes or until the vermicelli are soft.
- Turn off the flame and allow it cool down completely.
- When the milk mixture is completely cooled down. Add in condensed milk, cardamom powder and rose water. Mix everything well.
- Cut all the jelly into small pieces and add it to milk mixture.
- Also add the dry fruits, mini rasgullas and mawa. Just give a stir and keep it in refrigerator to chill.
- Doodh dulari tastes best when served chilled.