Today my blog is 3 years old. In last 3 years, I have been trying out different cuisines and I found myself to be good cook. I do not want to credit myself saying a perfect cook because there are some things where I need to work more on it. With all your support and compliment, I was able to make my blogging a interest and passion. Hope you will all remain same and boost my interest just by supporting me in all ways. So I would like to say thank you to everyone and also a Happy valentine's day . Hope you all are having fun with your loved ones.
On celebration of both the occasions I thought to make Rose flavoured Misti Doi. I choose this dessert because I wanted to make something that would go with both of my theme and then came up with rose flavored misti doi or gulabi doi.
Misti Doi is the sweet yogurt or sweet dahi. Whenever I think of
Bengal, my mind automatically starts
thinking of Misti Doi. Traditionally misti doi is prepared with fresh yogurt
and caramelized sugar. The method of its preparation is, first the you need to
simmer the milk and reduced it to half of this original quantity, then
sweetened with sugar and then followed by mixing of yogurt as starter. It is
then kept to rest to set overnight. The other easiest method of making this
dessert is steaming the sweetened yogurt. Hence misti doi is also known to be
the bhapa doi. Bhapa means steamed and doi is yogurt. My idea of adding rose syrup in the doi made the dessert to look pretty and more elegant. This can be the perfect desi dessert to valentine party.
- Fresh Plain Yogurt - 3 cups
- Sweetened Condensed Milk -1/2 tin
- Rose Syrup – ½ cup
- Pour the yogurt into cheese cloth and tie it into tight potli. Then hang the potli on the kitchen tap for 30 minutes.
- The whey should completely drain from the yogurt.
- Then take the drained yogurt out of the cloth and put it into a bowl.
- Into that add condensed milk and rose syrup. Mix everything well.
- Preheat the oven to 220 F.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into individual ramekins and seal the mouth of the ramekins with aluminium foil.
- Take some water in the oven proof dish and place all the ramekins in it.
- Now place the oven dish along with ramekins in the oven. Bake the yogurt for 40 to 45 minutes.
- By this time yogurt will set. Turn off the oven
- Let the yogurt rest for at least 4 hours in the oven. After that take out the ramekins from the dish and put in the refrigerator for few hours.
- Misti Doi is ready to serve chilled.