Mother’s recipe is one of the popular Indian brand food companies with huge range of pickles, papads, and ready to cook mixes and ready to eat food. Logo of Mother’s recipe itself says that “Discover the taste of tradition” that means this company promises their customers to discover the real taste of tradition Indian food recipes from every corners of
Few months back I had tried few of their ready to cook packets and had started liking it. To my surprise when the team approached me with an invitation of the contest of Innovative Recipe Challenge. I was happy to say them yes and accepted their invitation.
The contest was real fun and exciting. The rules were simple.Few products will be sent . Choosing any one product from the given products. I had to create a unique recipe out of it.
I found it very interesting and immediately said yes to their challenge.
Within a week, I got their products .There were five mother’s recipe packet (Upma,Poha, Chicken Moghalai mix, Vegetable biryani mix and Kadai Paneer). After scratching my brains for a long time. I thought to create two recipes using two of their products.
One was Poha Cutlet using Poha ready mix packet and other was Chicken Moghlai paratha using Chicken Moghlai ready to cook packet.
So here are the detailed recipe of Poha cutlet and Chicken moghalai paratha
Makes 10 cutlets which can serves for 3 to 4 people
- Potatoes – 2 medium (boiled and mashed)
- Red chilly powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chaat Masala – ½ tsp
- Cashew nuts – 10 (finely chopped)
- Fresh cilantro – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Extra salt – if needed
- Cook the Poha instant mix as instructed on the packet.
- For that, empty the whole packet of poha mix in the flat bottom pan.
- To that add 1 cup of hot water and mix well.
- Place the pan on medium flame. Cover and cook the poha for 8 minutes.
- Poha is ready.
- Then combine mashed potatoes, ready poha, chopped cashew nuts, chopped cilantro, red chilly powder, chaat masala, lemon juice and little salt into one bowl.
- Mix everything well to form smooth dough kind consistency mixture.
- Divide the dough into small portions and shape it into cutlets.
- Heat oil in the flat pan on medium flame and shallow fry all the poha cutlets until they are light golden in color.
- Yummy Poha Cutlets are ready to serve.
Chicken Moghalai Paratha
Makes 10 to 12 paratha which can serve for 5 to 6 people
To do the stuffing of paratha
- Chicken Breast – 500 gm
- Chicken Moghalai Mix – 80 gm
- Curd – 50 gm
- Tomato puree – made with 1 medium puree
- Fresh cilantro – 4 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – ½ tsp (optional, add as per the taste)
- Extra salt – if needed
For outer covering
- Whole wheat flour – 3 cups +extra dry flour for dusting
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 3/4 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp +oil for frying the paratha
- Water to knead
- Add chicken breast, chicken moghalai mix, tomato puree and 1 cup of water in a pot and place it on high flame.
- Stir continuously on high flame for 2 minutes and lower the flame to medium. Cook the chicken on medium flame for 15 minutes or until you see the meat is cooked .
- Then try to shred the chicken breast by stirring it continuously.
- Then add curd and garam masala. Mix well and also check the salt.
- Cover and cook the gravy till oil separates out of gravy.
- Now increase the flame to high and cook until the gravy becomes thick and dry.
- Lastly add freshly chopped cilantro.
- Let the stuffing cool down. Until then make the preparation for outer covering of the paratha.
For Outer Covering.
- Combine whole wheat flour, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, salt and oil into wide bowl.
- Make soft dough by adding required amount of water.
- Let the dough rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Take one ball size dough, flat the sides of the dough and roll the dough by dusting some dry flour.
- Keep 2 tbsp of stuffing at the center of the rolled dough and bring all the ends of the sides at the center and seal it.
- Remove the extra dough if left when sealing the sides.
- Flatten the stuffed dough and roll it into paratha.
- Meanwhile spread some oil in the frying pan on medium flame.
- Place the paratha on the heated pan and fry the paratha until you see nice golden spots on both the sides.
- If required smear some drops of oil at the sides of the paratha.
- Chicken Moghalai Paratha is ready to serve hot.
- If extra stuffing is left. You can serve it with pav bun and sliced onion.