If you're looking for the simple yet delicious recipe of prawns curry. This is the right stop to browse in. This prawn curry is prepared with few ingredients and method of preparation is very simple too. The main flavours to the curry gets from garlic and fennel seeds. These ingredients make the good pair with prawns and make the curry to taste unique.The curry gets more tempting when you use fresh prawns instead of frozen ones.
Nothing much to say about the recipe than narrating you all, that how to make this superb delicious prawn curry in southern Indian style.
- Prawns/ Shrimps - 2 cups (cleaned and deveined)
- Onion - 1 medium
- Garlic - 6 big pods or 10 small pods, chopped
- Ginger garlic paste - 1tbsp
- Tomato puree - 1 cup
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala powder - 3/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves -2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
To Make the paste
- Coconut - 1/4 cup, grated
- Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp
To temper the curry
- Cloves - 2
- Cinnamon -1/2 inch stick
- Bay leaf - 1 small
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig, fresh
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Clean the prawns and marinate them along with salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilly powder.
- Grind the scraped coconut and fennel seeds into smooth paste.
- Heat oil in the pan and add cloves, cinnamon stick, bayleaf and curry leaves. Fry for few seconds.
- Add chopped garlic. Saute till they turns light brown in colour.
- Also add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell goes off.
- Then add chopped onion and fry till onion are soft and changes its colour.
- Add tomato puree and mix well, Cook it till the raw smell of the puree goes off.
- Add marinated prawns in the gravy and mix well. Cover and cook the prawns till they are half cooked.
- Add grounded masala and garam masala in the prawns. Stir well and cook the curry till the prawns are completely cooked.
- Lastly add chopped cilantro. Give it a stir.
- Here we go Prawn curry is ready to serve with steamed rice.