Rava ladoo is the sweet dumplings made up of semolina or rava. It is the most quick festive sweet that can be prepare in very short time. These ladoos are crumbly in its texture but they just softly melts into your mouth. Rava ladoo are the traditional sweet prepared on many occasions like Ganesh chaturthi, krishnashtami etc. And it is basically very famous in
- Semolina or Rava – 1 cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Water – ½ cup
- Ghee – ¼ cup
- Cashew nuts ( broken in the pieces) – 4 tbsp
- Raisins – ¼ tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Heat a pan on medium flame and add ghee into it.
- Let the ghee melt and add in cashew nuts and raisins. Fry till the raisins puff up. Do not burn them.
- Into the separate pan, roast the semolina until a nice light golden in color. At this point you will get the nice aroma from roasted semolina. Switch off the flame and take down the pan.
- Now combine sugar and water into saucepan. Heat it till it comes to rolling boil. Keep stirring and check the consistency of the sugar syrup.
- We need the sugar syrup of one thread consistency. To check the consistency, try to take little syrup in between your thumb and index finger. Be careful it will be hot and sticky. Gently press the fingers and open it, you will see one thread formation. Then your syrup is ready. If there is no thread, cook the syrup till you get required consistency.
- Then slowly add in semolina and mix continuously to avoid any lumps.
- Also add cashew nuts, raisins and cardamom powder. Mix well and turn off the flame.
- When the mixture is warm enough to handle. Take a mixture in between your palm and form them into balls or ladoo.
- Repeat the same with the remaining mixture. First you see the ladoo are soft, as the time passes they will take their right consistency.
- Rava Ladoo is ready to serve.