Summers in Delhi are too terrific. Recently we have shifted to Delhi and this is my first stay here. Soon after returning from US, my body was giving up in Indian weather. Though people are much comfortable in their own country in all seasons. When the people go to outside countries and start staying there for many years. Their body gets habitat to foreign weather. There are many of my friends who feel the same.
The weather of my native is hot because the place is near to the coastal region. During summer we used to suffer a lot, without fan it is impossible to live. All we could do was to wait for rains. After coming to Delhi, I found the weather of Delhi is three times of weather of my native .
My god the heat of here is just pricking my body. You feel that there is a all time doctor with you who is poking you the injection all over the body. I just thank god for having AC in our home which is our saviour. Otherwise our life would have been a hell. So just keeping patience and waiting to rain.
Summers are on one side and relishing the yummy desserts in the summers on other. This is the season where we tempt to have something cold desserts. Right?
Coming to the recipe. India is been popular to many kinds of Falooda like Rabri Falooda, Rose Falooda,Pistachio Falooda Gadbad Falooda. Falooda are mainly a drink which consist of ingredients like falooda sev, tukmaria seeds or basil seeds, flavoured milk, flavoured jelly and flavoured ice cream. But Royal falooda has the layered combination of many ingredients when combined makes the perfect glass of layered icecream. Hence it gets the name as Royal Falooda Icecream.
So lets see how to make this amazing looking mouthwatering Indian royal dessert.
Serves - 2 people
- Rose syrup -2 tbsp +1/4 cup of water(You can also make rose milk,but I prefer to make rose syrup )
- Basil seeds - 4 tbsp (soaked in water for 2 hour)
- Falooda sev - 1/4 cup (If falooda sev are not handy, go ahead and use normal vermicelli)
- Rabri - 1/2 cup
- Colour jelly - 1/4 cup each (I used banana jelly and mango jelly. Make on your own choice)
- Vanilla icecream - 2 cups
- Glazed cherries - To garnish.
Assembling of Royal Falooda
- Take a two tall glass.
- Pour in 1/8 cup of rose syrup in each glass.
- Add 1 tbsp of soaked basil seeds.
- Drop 2 tbsp of falooda sev.
- Add 1/2 cup of vanilla icecream in each glass. Follwed with 1 tbsp of basil seeds again in each glass.
- Then add 2 tbsp of rabri in each glass.
- Now add the flavoured jelly and top the glass with remaining vanilla icecream.
- Finally garnish each glass with red glazed cherries.