Hello my friends.. Let me wish everyone a "Happy Friendship Day ". And also would love to thanks everyone there, without which my blog was incomplete. Your support and your comments, feedback makes my blog complete. Do continue it and I will sure entertain you all with upcoming interesting recipes. On this lovely day, I would like to share the recipe - Chocolate cups with strawberry mousse. It was my pending post which i wanted to try. Today was the best day to try it and share it to all of you. The combination of chocolate and strawberry mousse makes the best match with each other. Its tastes was just mind blowing.This can be one combination but there are many more combination which you can try and satisfy yourself .These little cute cups can be the best dessert to treat anyone in the special occasion. Nothing much to tell. Do try out and share your different ideas too..
To Make Chocolate cups
- Semi sweet chocolate – 2 &1/2 ounce
- Oil - ½ tsp
- Silicon cupcake moulds
To Make Strawberry Mousse
- Strawberries – 2 cups
- Whipped cream – 2 cups
- Strawberry syrup – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Sugar – 2 tbsp (less or more)
- Agar powder – 1&1/2 tsp
- Here you can follow any one method to melt the chocolate. One is double boiler and another is microwave.
- I used micro wave method because the chocolate quantity used by me was very less.
- In the wide bowl, add your chocolate and keep it in the microwave for 20 second.
- Take out the bowl and stir the chocolate using the spoon.
- Chocolate does not need more heat to melt. If you see chocolate is not melted, keep for another 10 to 15 seconds.
- Add the oil and mix well. The chocolate mixture should be very smooth.
- Now using the spoon, apply a thin coat of the melted chocolate to the inner sides of the cups. Immediately freeze it.
- Once the chocolate cups are set, take them out and apply another thin coat of melted chocolate. If you see the melted chocolate getting bit thicker. Microwave it for few seconds.
- Repeat the process till you make another two coatings of the chocolate.
- Keep the cups frozen until it is ready to fill with the strawberry mousse.
- To make Strawberry Mousse
- Wash and chopped the strawberries.
- Combine the strawberries and sugar into one pot and cook till the strawberries are soft.
- Add in the agar powder and mix well. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a while and blend the mixture into the blender to get smooth paste.
- Let the mixture cool down to the room temperature.
- Then add whipped cream and strawberry syrup. Mix well to avoid any lumps.
- Pour the mixture into separate container and let it set in refrigerator for at least 3 to 4 hour.
- What I did was, I poured this strawberry mousse into each chocolate cups and allowed the mousse to set into the cups.
- Yummy yummy chocolate cups are ready to serve.