Badam Doodh is an amazing Indian beverage prepared with almond paste and milk . It is flavoured with saffron and cardamom powder. This drink is not only a tempting drink but contains load of nutrients in it. During summer badam doodh is served chilled and during winter are around, it is served hot. This drink can be the best festive drink that can be served on any special occasion. As I know you all are familiar with this beverage. I have nothing more to say. So lets move on to the recipe.
- Milk – 2 &1/2 cups
- Almonds – 20 pieces
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Saffron strands or kesar – 6 strands
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Soak the almond in water for an hour. You can also microwave the almonds for 20 second.
- Also soak the saffron strands into 1 tbsp of hot milk.
- After 1 hour, drain the water from the almonds.
- Peel the almonds and blend it along with 2 tbsp of milk to form a smooth paste.
- Pour the remaining milk into a pot and place it on the flame.
- When the milk starts to boil, lower the flame and add the almond paste in the boiling milk. Stir well.
- Add soaked saffron milk in the boiling milk . Mix well and let the milk boil for another 5 minutes.
- Then add sugar and cardamom powder. Mix well and boil the milk for again 2 minutes. Turn off the flame
- Badam doodh is ready to serve hot or chilled.
- Enjoy this yummy doodh the way you like.