Are you looking to these yummy looking pav bread. Isn't they look tempting...I am speechless, if you have a word leave out your comment below.
Earlier I had posted regular Indian pav bread and they were perfect in their texture. And the recipe of bread was followed until today in my kitchen. One fine day I had a thought to make a few change in my recipe that was using whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour. So tried it thinking how they will turn out. To my surprise the bread were superb delicious in taste and they had soft texture. The only difference I found in both the pav bread. The whole wheat pav is heavier in weight as compared to regular pav. But never mind not everything but something we should comprise to have a healthier life. Right friends? So here is my healthy version of indian pav bread.
- Whole wheat flour - 1&1/2 cups (I used ashirwad atta)
- Mashed potato - 1 small size
- Non dry milk powder - 2 tbsp
- Instant yeast - 1 tsp
- Luke warm milk - 1/4 cup
- Luke warm water -2/3 cup ( use if required more)
- Salt -3/4 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Softened butter - 2 tbsp
- Some butter for brushing
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix and knead - using your hands, a stand mixer to make a soft, smooth dough.
- If required add more lukewarm water during kneading the dough.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased container.Cover the container, and allow the dough to rise for 60 to 90 minutes, until it's just about doubled in size.
- Gently transfer the dough to a lightly greased work surface.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces..Round each pieces into a smooth ball.
- Lightly grease 8 inch round cake pans.Place all the 8 pav bread in the cake pan.
- Cover the pans and allow the pav bread to rise till they are crowded against one another and quite puffy about 60 to 90 minutes. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Uncover the pav bread and bake them for 22 to 24 minutes, until they are golden brown on top and edges of the center bun spring back lightly when you touch it.
- Remove the pav bread from the oven and brush with the melted butter.After a couple of minutes, turn them out of the pan onto a cooling rack.
- Serve warm.Store leftovers well wrapped with silver foil at room temperature.
- For reheating, heat the pav with foil wrapped over them. This method keeps your bread soft does not make it to loose its soft texture.
- So yummy pav are ready to go for many of the indian recipes like vada pav, bhajiya pav, pav bhaji and many more.