I am a huge fan of the food..Yes you all heard it right.I am big foodie person. Most foodies like to keep the history of his/her tasted recipes in the form of handwritten cookbook or like me they write a blog on food stuff.
The main thing you require when you write a blog is your presentation of the food. I have come across many blogs who maintained their post only with high quality images but do not bother much content. I personally believe that the presentation should be such that you should be able to see the depth of the food and its ingredients added and also should have the feel of its aroma. And i think its all possible only by having superb looking glassware's from firms such as borosil.com. These glassware helps you to give feeling of the food that you want to show to your blogger friend's the way if your same friend had to come to your home and look at it. I love these glassware so much that they make my blog posts very impressive and expressive.
So to honor the look of food apart from the taste (you will have to visit my house for it), I would like to share a very simple delicious vanilla pudding trifle recipe. This recipe uses the perfect glassware, that gives my recipe a more elegant and creative look...What do you feel? Lets move on to the recipe now.
For Cake Base
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Baking soda - 1/8 tsp
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup
- Yogurt - 3/4 cup
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Heavy cream - 1 cup
- Agar Agar powder - 1 tsp (If using agar agar strands, soak them into water before adding into the mixture)
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 cup ( may be less than, adjust the sweetness as per your taste)
- Glazed fruits -red cherries, green cherries pineapple, peaches
For Making Cake Base
- Sieve the dry ingredients and keep it aside.
- Combine yogurt, oil and sugar.Whisk well to get smooth mixture.
- Add vanilla essence and mix it again.
- Now add dry ingredients and fold it into wet mixture.
- Grease the baking glassware tray using non stick oil spray.
- Pour the batter into the tray and spread evenly on all the sides.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.Bake the cake for 22 minutes.
- Take out the tray from the oven. Let the cake cool down completely into the tray.
- Combine milk, cream, agar agar powder and sugar into the wide bottomed pot. Mix well and bring the mixture to boil.
- Add vanilla essence. Stir well and boil for another 2 minutes.
- Once the cake cools down, pour the vanilla pudding onto the cake and spread evenly all over the cake.
- Keep aside the tray for atleast 20 to 25 minutes to set the pudding on the cake. Also you can refrigerate it.
- Finally top the trifle by glazed fruits.
- Yeah Vanilla pudding trifle is ready to go..