Today was my friend’s husband birthday. So my friend decided to give a small birthday party in her house. And the cake responsibility was mine. My friend wanted the cake to be simple yet elegant one. I came up with the idea of ganache cake, which was mine long time pending post. Thought this was the right time to give the shot of one. For me it was just the joy of baking and the result was just mind blowing. Everybody liked the cake and enjoyed as well. I am very thankful to my friend for giving me such a joyous responsibility and praises from all other family friends.
Coming to the cake..It is the spongy texture chocolate cake covered with homemade chocolate ganache with little of butter cream frosting for decoration.
I could not take the pics of inner texture…Anyway let me update it later when I bake it another time. But believe me friends texture was very soft and super delicious.Lets move on and see what all you need for this super looking elegant cake.
- All purpose flour -1&1/4 cups
- Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
- Sugar - 1/2 cup+ 2tbsp
- Baking soda -1/2 tsp
- Baking powder - 1tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt - 1 cup
- Oil - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Softened butter - 3/4 cup
- Cocoa powder - 1/3 cup
- Powdered sugar - 1 cup (you might need more, adjust per the sweetness)
- Milk - 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Sieve the all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt. Keep it aside for later use.
- Combine oil, yogurt and sugar into wide bottomed bowl and whisk it until to get smooth mixture.
- Now add in the dry mixture in the batches to the wet mixture and fold well to get the right consistency of cake batter.
- Grease the cake pan with some butter and coat it with some all purpose flour. Take out any excess flour if remained in the tin.
- Pour the batter in the cake pan and level it from all the side.
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.Bake the cake to 20 to 22 minutes until the cake is done.
- Take out the cake from oven and let it cool down completely for further decoration.
- Place the saucepan on very small flame. Add the softened butter and sifted cocoa powder. Mix well using spatula until both combines with each other.
- If you see the saucepan is getting too hot.Switch off the flame.
- Then add milk and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Now add powdered sugar and mix well to get the smooth consistency of the ganache.
- If you see ganache getting thick during mixing. Just keep the saucepan on small flame for 20 seconds and take off and mix it again.
- Once the ganache is ready and cake is cooled. Decorate the cake and pipe the side with some buttercream frosting.
- After decoration place the cake in the refrigerator for atleast 20 minutes to set the ganache well on the cake.
- Yum Yum Chocolate Ganache cake is ready for the party...