- Bottlegourd – 4 cups (grated)
- Milk powder – 2 tbsp or Mawa – ¼ cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup (adjust as per your sweetness)
- Ghee – ¼ cup
- Sliced almonds – ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Put the grated bottlegourd into a wide pan and stir till grated lauki is almost cooked and water is completely evaporated.
- Add in milk powder, sugar and half quantity of ghee. Stir continuously and cook until halwa starts leaving sides of the pan.
- Meanwhile heat rest quantity of ghee and fry almonds into it. Pour the fried almonds along with ghee into the cooked halwa. Cook again for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Bottlegourd halwa is ready to serve.