Mango is the royal fruit among all the other fruits. We can make variety of dishes using mango whether it is dessert, sweet, drink etc.
So today I am here with Mango burfi which is prepared with mango puree and mawa. There are also several methods of making these mango burfi by using gram flour or simply with milk powder. If your planning to use gram flour or besan in the burfi, make sure you roast the besan in the ghee until it releases nice aroma and slightly changes it colour. Then add in mango puree and sugar.Further process remains the same.
As tested and proven these burfi stays best for atleast 10 days in the refrigerator.
- Mango puree - 2 cups
- Mawa/Khoya - 1 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 cup to 1 cup ( adjust as per the sweetness of mangoes your using)
- Cashewnuts - few ( To garnish)
- Almond - few ( To garnish )
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Cut the cashewnuts and almonds into small pieces. Keep it aside for later use.
- Also grease one plate to spread the cooked burfi mixture.
- Combine mawa, mango puree and sugar into wide bottomed pan and place it on medium flame.
- Cook the mixture till the mixture forms a thick consistency. Make sure to stir the mixture continuously to avoid any burnings at the bottom of the pan.
- When the mixture becomes thick and starts to leaves the sides of the pan. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the greased plate and garnish it with cashenuts and almonds.
- Let the mixture cool down completely. Then cut the burfi into desired shape.
- Mango burfi is ready to serve.
- Mango burfi stays best for atleast 10 days in the refrigerator. Tested and proven