Garlic knots are the bread appetizer with enriched flavor of fresh garlic. Garlic knots are prepared with pizza dough where the dough are cut into strips, tied in a knot, baked and topped with garlic knots. I like knots in spicy version, so season these garlic knots with chilli flakes and hence named as chilli garlic knots. These knots are also season with parmesan cheese, oregano. If pizza dough is ready in your kitchen, you can enjoy these knots anytime as you like.
For Pizza Dough
- All purpose flour – 3 &1/2 cups
- Sugar – 1tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Yeast – 1 envelope
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Warm water – 1&1/3 cups
- For Topping
- Garlic cloves – 5 nos
- Fresh Parsley or dried parsley – 2 tbsp
- Olive oil – ¼ cup
- Salt to taste
- Chilli flakes to taste
- In this recipe I prepared garlic knots using leftover pizza dough. If you do not have the dough ready. Make the dough with above given ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 400 deg F. Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the ball of pizza dough on the floured surface and flatten it slightly with your palm. Cut the dough into ½ inch strips.
- Make the knots from each strips and place them on lined baking tray.
- Bake the knots for 15 to 20 minutes or until you see knots turning to beautiful light golden in colour.
- Meanwhile prepare a garlic oil for topping.
- In a small processor or blender, combine garlic cloves, parsley and oil. Blend everything to smooth paste.
- Remove the baked knots from the oven and transfer the knots into large bowl. Pour the garlic oil, season it with salt and chilli flakes. Toss the knots until they are fully coated with garlic oil.
- Chilli garlic knots are ready to serve