Banana halwa is the famous sweet dish in northern part of India, Kerala. This halwa is usually prepared with special variety of banana , named as nendrampazham in kerala. But I used the normal variety of banana which I get in grocery stores. Authenically this halwa needs a lot of practice of constant stirring. But nothing to worry, you can manage it by putting your little effort to enjoy this delicious halwa. Do try and enjoy this mouthwatering halwa.
- Banana, riped - 4 nos
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Ghee - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder -1/2 tsp
- Broken cashewnut pieces - few
- Peel the skin of bananas and blend it in the mixer till you get nice puree.
- Pour the banana puree and sugar in the non stick pan. Mix well and keep stirring continuously to avoid any sticking at the bottom.
- When the mixture starts to boil, add spoon ful of ghee at regular interval.
- When the consitency of halwa is thick, add in broken cashewnut and mix well.
- Keep on stirring until the halwa leaves the sides . Then pour the halwa mixture onto the plate and spread it evenly. Allow the mixture to cool down and slice them into pieces.