Lasagna is the Italian food .It is a real fancy and exotic flavored meal loaded with fresh spinach, capsicum, creamy ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese. Since this lasagna is purely vegetarian, you can add any type of veggie like zucchini, mushrooms etc. This is one impressive food which can be served in parties. Try it once and serve it to your family. They all will enjoy it.
- Whole-wheat lasagna noodle – 8 nos
- Capsicum – 1 medium
- Fresh/Frozen spinach – 6 oz packet
- Marinara sauce-3 cups
- Ricotta cheese – 16 oz
- Frozen chopped spinach
- Paprika -1 tsp or to taste
- Garlic- 2 tsp, chopped
- Nutmeg powder -a pinch
- Grated Parmesan -1/4 cup
- Mozzarella cheese – 1 cup
- Olive oil - 2 tsp
- Freshly ground black pepper- to taste
- Salt to taste
- Basil leaves or cilantro or spring onion - To garnish
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Cook the noodles according to the directions on the package. Drain them well and spread them out onto aluminum foil to prevent them from sticking.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add in the chopped capsicum and cook until slightly tender and all the liquid has evaporated.
- Then add half the quantity of chopped spinach and sauté them.
- Stir in salt, 1 1/2 cups of the tomato sauce, paprika and simmer for 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine the ricotta cheese, remaining chopped spinach, little salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce on the bottom of a 6 by 6-inch baking dish. Spread about 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture onto a lasagna noodle. Top with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the sauce mixture, roll the noodle and place it into the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining noodles.
- Spread the remaining sauce over the lasagna rolls. Top with grated cheeses, cover with aluminium foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Sprinkle the basil leaves or spring onion on top.