Hello...Today my blog turned 1 . I am totally surprise , I remember writing my first post and how fast days passed without notice and now here I am a year later. My blog is very special to me.Foody Delight is the catalogue for my simple and exotic pleasure in food. The recipe may come from any part of the world, but the basic principle of the cooking remains the same. As you all know I am beyond joyful to have you all on this journey with me and supported me.And I also want to thank you so very much for encouraging me last 1 year by your precious comments. Thank you so much again..
Today recipe is sheer korma… Sheer korma is know to everyone. It is prepared with fried vermicelli, milk and loads of dryfruits. It is loved by everyone ad also easy to cook. To make it flavour the sheer korma, you can also add rose syrup.
- Fried vermicilli - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 3 cups
- Ghee or Clarified butter - 2 tbsp
- Chopped almonds - 1/4 cup
- Chopped dates - 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Saffron strands – Few , crushed
- Rose syrup - 2 tsp , at time of serving
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan, add the vermicelli and fry it for 2 minutes, just to make them crunch.
- If your using simple vermicelli, fry them till light golden in colour.
- Then add milk and mix well. Cook the vermicelli till their softa nd properly cooked.
- Add the sugar and all the dry fruits. Mix well and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Now add cardamom powder and crushed saffron strands. Stir well
- Add dry fruits and raisins, mix well and allow it to simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder and crushed saffron strands . Stir well
- If the sheer korma is too thick, add a little hot water or milk and mix gently. If you prefer thick, ignore this step.
- Remove from the flame and serve cold or warm.