Pomfret are the flat fish which are very delicious in any form, whether you make curry out of it or you make fry dish. It is just awesome. In goa pomfret are usually known as Paplet. There are many ways of preparing curry. But this particular curry is very popular in Northern goa. And it is mainly served with boiled brown rice. The day I had prepared this yummy curry, it was snowy day. We truely enjoyed our meals.. And when you try this curry, I am very sure you too will enjoy it...
- Pomfret - 2 medium, cut into thin slices
- Onion - 1 medium, chopped
- Cilantro - 2 tbsp, chopped
- Salt - 1 tbsp +1 tsp
- Tumeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Ingredients for ground paste
- Coconut - 1/2 cup
- Coriander seeds - 1&1/2 tbsp
- Dry red chilies - 4 to 5
- Black pepper cons - 5
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Garlic - 4 pods
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Tamarind paste - 1 tbsp
- Clean the pomfret fish and cut it into slices.
- Add 1 tbsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of tumeric in the fish slices. Mix well and marinate for atleast 20 to 25 minutes.
- Now add all the ingredients of the "grounded paste" column into the blender and blend it into smooth paste.
- Take out the grounded paste into one pot and add about 1/2 cup of water. check the consistency of the gravy, if you need more water, add in more water.
- Bring the gravy to boil, then add chopped onion and chopped cilantro. Mix well
- Now add marinated pomfret slices. Cover with lid and cook on medium flame till fish is properly cooked.
- Pomfret fish curry is ready to serve.