People in Goan state are mainly depend on rice and fish for their staple food.
As you all know Goa is such a beautiful coastal state of India. And is very famous for all kind of sea food. Coming to the recipe fish fry is very common recipe in every home but one specialty of Goan fish fry is that fine variety of semolina is used while frying. That is after rubbing the fish in the dry spices, thin coat of semolina is applied and then shallow fried till crisp. Adding semolina makes the fry more flavorful and crispy. So I always prefer to use semolina while frying any type of fish….. Just try this fry and you will like it…You can also check Sardine fry Here
- Fish - 2 Fillets ( I used Large kingfish or surmai fillets)
- Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Tumeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 3/4 tsp
- Ginger -garlic paste - 1&1/2 tsp
- Semolina - 1/4 cup ( recommended to use thin variety for best result)
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp (adjust per your taste)
- Clean the fillet thoroughly in the water. Pat them dry and apply salt and turmeric powder. keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Then add red chilly powder, coriander powder, ginger garlic paste and lemon juice. Mix well and marinate the fillets for 30 minutes.
- At the time of frying, spread the semolina on the plate and roll the fish in the semolina and shallow fry it on medium flame until the fish fillet are brown in color and until crispy.
- Serve hot with rice and fish curry.