Happy new Year to my blogger friends... I felt that this is the best time to bake this yummy and delicious tres Leche cake - A Mexican Cake
Tres Leche cake is the famous Mexican cake. In spanish language, Tres means three "3" and Leche means milk. So this say that it is a Three milks cake. Condensed milk, evaporated milk and heavy cream or whole milk. The cake we use here is basically the sponge cake which is soaked with the mixture of all three milks and then frosted with whipped cream. Since the cake is soaked into the milks, it is bit soggy but it is an incredible treat for people who are fond of milk...
For Eggless Cake
- All purpose flour - 1&1/2 cups
- Baking powder - 1&1/4 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt (thick ) - 1 cup
- Vegetable oil - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Vanilla essence - 1&1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
For Soaking the cake
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Condensed milk - 1 14 oz
- Evaporated milk - 1 12 oz
- Whipped heavy cream - 1 8 oz
- Powdered sugar - 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
- Dried fruits (pineapple, mango, kiwi, papaya) - 1 cup,chopped
- Sieve the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Combine yogurt ,sugar and vanilla essence into one bowl. Whisk well till it forms creamy mixture.
- Then add oil and mix everything well.
- Now add flour mixture into wet ingredients.Fold well till flour mixture completely folds into wet mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Grease the 9 by 13 baking pan.Pour the cake mixture into it and level up the mixture.
- Bake the cake till it done. To check, insert the toothpick at the centre of the cake, if the toothpick comes out clear, when the cake it done.
- Take out the cake from the oven and allow the cake to cool down to room temperature. Let the cake cool down in same pan or transfer the cake onto the rimmed plate.
- When the cake cool down completely. Use a fork to make the perforations throughout the cake.
- Mix the evaporated milk, condensed milk and 1/4 cup of heavy cream/whole milk in a small bowl. Pour this milk mixture on the cake slowly, making sure you cover all of the surface so the cake is uniformly soaked. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Frost the cake with the whipped cream however you want!! For more decoration I used some dried fruits.
- If in case your using fresh fruit, top them at the time of serving otherwise the fresh fruits bleed the juice onto the cream and make the cake ugly, which we do not want.
- Enjoy this delicious Mexican Cake....