Malai Peda or Doodh Peda are one of the best festival sweet treat prepared at every home. Traditionally peda are prepared using Khoya, saffron and nuts. With the slight variation, instead of khoya, I will be using milk powder and heavy cream. I can tell you this is the much easy and simple method and also it takes very less time to prepare peda...
- Milk powder - 1 cup
- Heavy cream - 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar - 1/3 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Saffron strands - 1 tsp
- Warm milk - 1 &1/2 tbsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Soak saffron strands into warm milk for 10 minutes.
- Heat a wide bottomed pan on low flame and add ghee into it and spread it in all over the pan.
- Then add milk powder and heavy cream into the pan and mix well to avoid any lumps.
- Stir the mixture continuously till you get thick kind of dough.
- Add saffron milk when the mixture is about to become thick. This step is important because doing this you can get more flavour from saffron or kesar.
- Transfer the dough mixture into one bowl and allow it to cool down.
- Once the mixture cools down, mix in powdered sugar and cardamom powder.
- Then knead the mixture into soft dough. Pull out small portion and shape the peda.
- You can also make malai peda with your favourite nuts. Enjoy!!!!!