With holidays season about to begin, children hope Santa gets them the gifts, while adults hope for a relaxing time. Shops online or offline are buzz with various deals to attract customers. In addition, at home various experiments can be done. Here is something which i tried and it turned out to be a perfect Christmas cookie.
Happy Christmas and happy holidays.
- Wheat flour - 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar - 1/3 cup
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Softened butter - 1/3 cup (heaped)
- Milk - 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence - 1/4 tsp
Eggless Royal Icing
- Powdered sugar - 1/2 cup
- Corn starch - 1 tsp
- Milk - 2 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp
- Food colours - red , yellow
- Sieve wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder and salt in one bowl.Mix well and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, add softened butter, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla essence and whisk till it becomes the creamy mixture.
- Then add flour mixture into creamy mixture and mix well to form a soft dough.
- If your not able to make dough out of the mixture, add 2 tsp of extra milk. But remember do not add more milk, you will not get right consistency of dough.
- Now roll out the cookies on the butter paper using chapathi roller till just about 1/4 inch of thickness.
- Then cut the cookies in your desired shape using your favourite cookie cutter.
- Take the cookies carefully using a ladle and place it on baking sheet and refrigerate it for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes or until you see edges turned to golden brown.
- Take out the cookies from oven and allow it to cool down completely.
- Once the cookies are fully cooled down, decorate them as the way you like.
For Making Eggless Royal Icing
- Combine powdered sugar and corn strach in the one bowl. Mix together well.
- Then add milk and lemon juice.Whisk everything well till you get smooth paste.
- Then divide the icing into equal portion in different bowls and add few drops of food colours in each bowl.
- Fill icing into icing bags and seal them properly.
- Royal icing is ready to decorate the cookies.