I know that this recipe is very common and also know that there is no one who did not eat or tasted this lovely chinese dish. The uncommon thing I want to tell about this gobi machurian is that here gobi floret are baked but not deep fried. I did this variation to make this dish more healthy, so that all can enjoy without any hesitation.
Making machurian in this style did not make much difference yet it was more flavourful and delicious. Must try, so do try it and let me know your comments. So lets see what all is required....
- Cauliflower - 1 medium
- All purpose flour - 1/4 cup
- Corn flour - 1/2 cup
- Ginger-garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Onion - 1 big, chopped
- Capsicum - 1 medium, chopped
- Garlic - 1 tbsp
- Soya sauce - 1&1/2 tbsp
- Tomato sauce - 2 tbsp
- Chilly garlic sauce - 1 tbsp
- Red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp (adjust as per the taste)
- Corn flour paste - 1 tbsp of corn flour +3 tbsp of water
- Salt to taste
- Spring onion or cilantro - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Wash cauliflower in the hot water and cut its florets in the small chunks.
- In one wide bowl, combine all purpose flour, corn flour, ginger garlic paste, red chilly powder and salt. Mix everything well and prepare thick paste.
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Dip each floret chunk into the thick paste and place it on the baking sheet lined with aluminium foil.
- Bake the florets for 20 minutes or till crispy.
- Chop onion and capsicum. Cut the garlic into thin slice.
- Heat oil into one pan and add sliced garlic. Fry for 1 minute.
- Then add chopped onion and chopped capsicum.Saute them for 3 minutes.
- Add soya sauce, tomato sauce and chilly garlic sauce, mix continuously for few seconds.
- Then add corn flour paste, mix well and continue to cook till it becomes thick.
- Now add baked florets(gobi).Mix well again for 3 to 4 minutes for the flavours to get blended well with the gobis.
- Finally garnish with chopped spring onion and serve hot.Enjoy!!!...