Aloo Bonda is one of the most popular snack served in various functions, parties etc. This brings back the memories of our school and colleges, where we use to enjoy this all time favourite snack with our friends .Aloo bonda is also known as Batata vada in mumbai.Aloo bonda is a typical Indian snack.It is a deep fried savoury snack stuffed with spicy potato spices mixture.Aloo bonda is crispy outside and soft inside.It is best served with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
- Potato, boiled and mashed - 4 medium
- Cashewnuts - 2 tbsp
- Onion - 1 big
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Green chillies - 4
- Tumeric powder - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Curry leaves - 7
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Besan (Chickpeas flour) - 1&1/2 cups
- Baking soda - a pinch
- Red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
- Carom seeds(ajwain) -1/2 tsp
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in the pan, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida, curry leavesa nd tumeric powder.Saute it for 1 minute.
- Then add chopped ginger and chopped green chillies.Fry for 1 minute.
- Then add chopped onion and fry till onion are light golden in colour.
- Mix in boiled and mashed potato. Adjust the salt
- For the batter, combine besan flour, baking soda, red chilly powder and salt into one wide bowl.
- By adding water, prepare a thick dough.
- Heat oil into one pan.
- Divide the potato mixture into small portion and make balls out of it.
- Dip each balls into batter and deep fry them till light golden in colour or till crisp.
- Aloo bonda are ready to serve with tomato ketchup