Seven cup Burfi is the most easy delicious sweet treat among the all the Indian sweets. The recipe itself explains the name of the fudge, that is it needs 7 cups of equally measured total no of ingredients to prepare this mouthwatering fudge. The ingredients are so simple, just you need to combine together and cook till you get the right consistency of fudge. Do try it and let me know..........
Yields : 15 to 16 medium squares
- Chickpea Flour (besan) - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Sugar - 3 cups ( Reduce the sugar to 2&3/4 cups, if you do not want the fudge too sweet)
- Fresh/ Frozen/Dry coconut - 1 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Combine all the ingredients in a heavy bottomed kadai/wok. (It is very important to use a heavy bottomed vessel, otherwise the cake will stick very badly and burn at the bottom)
- Cook on medium flame, stirring every 5 mins until you see lots of bubbles appear.
- Once you see a lot of bubbles, keep stirring every 2 mins until you get a semi solid mass, that starts leaving the sides of the wok. Now add the cardamom powder and mix thoroughly.
- Pour this mixture onto a greased plate/tray(use ghee for greasing), the whole mixture should fall in one single pour, without the help of a spatula. Just tilt the wok into the tray. Spread the mixture with a spatula and smooth the top. Allow to cool for 15 mins.
- When the cake is still warm, use a greased knife to cut into pieces of desired shape. Let cool completely and remove and store in an airtight container.