Kashmiri Pulav is famous dish from the Northern Indian state of Kashmir. This is is one of the rich, aromatic rice dish which is easy to prepare.This pulav is fully loaded with dry fruits and fresh fruits, so feel free to add the fruits of your choice. The key ingredient is the Saffron that gives rich flavourful taste and also gives pretty yellow colour to the pulav. Besides saffron , even rosewater is added for the extra fragnance. This pulav can be served with any simple raita...
- Basmati Rice - 2 cups
- Milk - 1&1/2 cups
- Water -2& 1/2 cups
- Saffron - 1 pinch
- Onion - 1 medium (chopped)
- Green chillies - 4 small
- Cashews - 20 pieces
- Raisins - as needed
- Rosewater - 1/2 tsp
- Green Peas - 1/2 cup
- Black or Brown seedless grapes - 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Pomegranate seeds - 3 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick(1 inch) -1
- Cloves - 3
- Cardamom -2 pods
- Ghee - 3 tbsp
- Saute cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and green chilies in ghee until softened about 3 minutes on COOK mode of rice cooker.
- Stir in onion and green peas and fry until soft and transparent.
- Then add cashews and raisins. Stir well.
- Add rice, milk, water and saffron strands. Stir everything to combine well.
- Cover the rice cooker bowl with lid and cook until cycle is complete. Stir in rose water and leave on WARM mode to enhance rose flavor in the rice.
- Finally garnish the rice with fruits.