Rabri or Rabdi is a thick creamy milk based sweet which can be served by itself or used as topping with kulfi, malpuas, pancakes etc. Today I have come with the Rabri falooda where the rabri is served along with delightful dessert falooda . Rabri falooda are almost synonymous and make perfect dessert mates. Try this and I am sure you will be in love with it.....
You can also check "Pistachio falooda"
Serves : 2 people
- Whole milk - 2 &1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Falooda sev , boiled - 2 tbsp
- Basil seeds, soaked - 2 tbsp
- Rose syrup - 4 tbsp
- Strawberry flavoured jelly - 4 tbsp
- Chopped pistachios - 1/4 cup ( To garnish)
- Soak the basil seeds for 2 hours into 1/4 cup of water.
- Boil the falooda sev for 15 to 20 minutes into boiling water. When done, drain them and soak into cold water to avoid sticking.
- Prepare strawberry jelly as per instruction
Preparation of Rabri
Yield - 1 cup
- Heat the milk in a non stick pan on medium flame till the milk reduces to 1/3 of its quantity, while stirring and scrapping the sides of the pan continuously.
- Add the sugar and simmer on a medium flame for approx. 20 minutes or till the milk becomes thick.
- Remove from the flame and use in making falooda.
Assembling the Royal Rabri Falooda
Makes: 2 tall glass
Place 1&1/2 tbsp of rose syrup in a tall glass, top with 1 tbsp of falooda sev, following with 2 tbsp of rabri and 1 tbsp of basil seeds, again with 2 tbsp of rabri.
Lastly top with 1 tsp of rose syrup, 1 tsp of strawberry jelly and chopped pistachios.
Repeat with the same ingredient to make one more falooda.