Mangalorean Banana puri, is one of the famous Konkani breakfast . In konkani language , these puris are known as Kelyachi Bansa . These sweet puffed bread have rich flavour of banana and cumin seeds. Traditionally all purpose flour is used. But for the healthy version, I prefered to use wheat flour. Just give a try and I am sure you will be the fan of this dish...
- Wheat flour - 2 cups
- Mashed ripe banana - 1/2 cup
- Yogurt - 2 tbsp
- Sugar - 2 tbsp (adjust the sweetness)
- Baking soda - 1/8 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Keep it aside.
- Peel the ripe banana and mashed it to the smooth paste. To that add sugar, yogurt, cumin seeds and pepper powder. Mix well and add it to the flour mixture, knead well and prepare the stiff dough.
- Cover the dough and leave it for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Divide the dough into small equal size balls, roll them into thick disc and fry them to the golden brown.
- Mangalorean Banana Puris are ready to serve.