Squash is a concentrated juice that is usually made from fruit juice and sugar syrup . Traditional squashes are usually flavoured with ginger or with lots of green cardamom. These are the quick drink, can be enjoyed anytime you like. So let see what all you required for this delicious and colourful drink....
- Fresh Orange Juice - 4 cups
- Lime juice - 1/2 cup (I wanted little tangy flavour, but you can adjust as per your taste)
- Sugar - 2 cup
- Water- 1/2 cup
- Ginger, chopped - 4 tbsp
- Green Cardamom - 6 to 7
- Salt - 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Combine orange juice, chopped ginger and crushed green cardamom in one pot and bring it to boil.
- Once the mixture starts to boil, turn the flame to low and allow it to simmer till the orange juice gets infuse completely with flavour of ginger and green cardamom.
- After simmering the juice you must yield the 21/2 to 3 cups of orange juice.
- Then pass the juice through thin cloth and discard the ginger and cardamom dust.
- Combine sugar and water into one another pot and heat until the sugar is completely dissolved and comes to boil .
- Now add the filtered juice into sugar syrup Mix well and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and and allow the squash to cool down.
- Pour the orange squash into the sterilised bottle and keep refrigerated.
- This orange squash lasts upto 1 week.
- If your using preservatives like Potassium Bi Sulphate and Sodium Benzoate, the squash will stay fresh for more days
- To make a drink,combine 1/4 glass of concentrated juice mix with 3/4 glass of cold water or soda.
- Enjoy the orange squash with some extra ice on top.
Linking to :
Ongoing Event ""Love Lock with The Juices and Milkshakes""