Pasanda was originally served in the Court of the Mughal Emperors . Traditionally the pasanda is prepared with the lamb ( leg of lamb), flattened into strips, marinated, and fried in a dish with multiple seasonings. In the present day, pasanda is also made using chicken and king prawns, in each case, the process and ingredients remain generally the same.
So lets start and see what all is needed for this recipe.
- Boneless chicken pieces - 1 lb
- Yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Red chilly powder - 1 tsp(optional)
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Ginger - garlic paste - 1& 1/2 tsp
- Tomato puree - 1 cup
- Fried onion, crushed -1/2 cup
- Cilantro, chopped - 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
Ingredients to roast and grind
- Dry red chillies - 6
- Cloves - 4
- Cinnamom stick - 1 inch
- Cardamom - 2 pods
- Bay leaves -1
- Coriander seeds - 1&1/2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
- Black peppercons - 7
- Dry roast the above mentioned ingredients and grind it into fine powder.
- Clean the chicken and cut it into small pieces.
- Add yogurt , spice powder and salt to the chicken pieces. Mix well and marinate the chicken pieces for atleast for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Place a pan on medium flame and add the oil into it. When oil heats up, add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Then add tomato puree and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now add marinated chicken pieces, paprika and red chilly powder. Mix everything well.
- Add about 1 cup of water into the chicken pieces. Check for the salt, if needed add more.
- Cover and cook the chicken pieces on medium flame till they are soft and completely cooked.
- Then add crushed fried onion and stir well. Reduce the flame to low and cook again for 5 minutes.
- Lastly garnish the chicken pasanda with the chopped cilantro.
- Chicken Pasanda is ready to serve with naan or just with plain rice...Taste Awesome!!!!
Linking to :
The Master Chef Contest @" You Too Can Cook - Indian Food Recipes"