The patty of a veggie burger may be made from vegetables like corns, carrot , textured vegetable protien like soya, beans, nuts, mushrooms or grains like wheat and flax. Veggie burgers can also be made with the incorporation of dairy products or eggs unlike vegan burgers.
- Kidney beans, boiled - 1 cup
- Garbanzo beans , boiled - 1 cup
- Onion, chopped - 1 medium
- Carrot, chopped - 1/2 cup
- Corn (Fresh or Frozen) -1/2 cup
- Green bellpepper - 1 small
- Garlic, minced - 3 cloves
- Green chillies, chopped - 3 nos
- Dry parsley flakes - 1 tbsp
- Flax seed powder - 1 tbsp
- Warm water - 3 tbsp
- Bread crumbs - 1/2 cup
- Nutmeg powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mix 1 tbsp of flax seeds powder and 3 tbsp of warm water.Whisk well and let it stand for few minutes.
- Place the pan on medium flame and add oil into it.
- When oil heats up, add minced garlic.Fry for 20 seconds.
- Add chopped vegetables and season with salt and pepper powder.
- Add little water and cook the vegetables till they are tender.
- Remove the pan from the flame and let the vegetables cool down completely.
- Once the vegetables cools down, add all the seasoning, flax seeds powder mixture , boiled beans and bread crumbs.
- Using your hand, mash the mixture and make sure the mixure is blended uniformly.
- Place the mixture into the refrigerator atleast for about 1 hour.
- To make the best equal sized patties. Roll the mixture into cylindrical log and then wrap the log tighly with the plastic wrap.Freeze the log for 30 minutes.
- Then remove and cut the log into equal size.Shape the patty using your hands and make the neat patty.