Hello Friends...Today its a lovely day for me as I am celebrating my 100th blog post. I just can't believe it. Few months before I had started my new blog and today it has hit the century.....Cheers!!!
The special thanks to my all blogger friends who visited my blog and appreciated me on my hardwork by their lovely and valuable comments.
At the same time I want to wish everyone "A Happy Father's Day".
HAPPY FATHER"S DAY to my papa.
And here is the special treat on two special occasions....
Angoor Rabdi is the famous North Indian sweets. This is made with cheese balls, cooked into hot boiling sugar syrup and then soaked into thicken milk,known as Rabdi. Angoor Rabdi is very much similar to popular Bengali sweet Ras Malai ,but here paneer balls are of grape size for this recipe and this is the reason it's different from Ras malai. So lets start with the recipe.
Ingredients for Angoor (Cheese balls)
- Whole Milk - 2 cups
- Lemon juice - 3 tbsp
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Water - 2 cups
Ingredients for Rabdi
- Whole milk - 3 cups
- Sugar - 1/2 cup (adjust as per your taste)
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Saffron strands - 1/2 tsp
- Pistachios,chopped - 10
- Almonds,sliced - To garnish
For Making Angoor Rabdi
- Pour the milk into heavy bottomed pan aand bring it boil on medium flame.
- Stir continuously to avoid the burning of the milk at the bottom.
- When the milk comes to boil, lower the flame and slowly add the lemon juice into the milk.Stir gently.
- You will see the milk starting curdlling.Then turn off the flame.
- Drain the cheese from the whey using the cheese cloth or muslin cloth.
- Rinse the cheese that is collected into the muslin cloth using the cold water, to take out the taste of the lemon from the cheese.
- Now squeeze out all the water from the cheese and press it under any heavy weight to remove any remaining water from the cheese atleast for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour,take out all the cheese on the clean plate. Knead it atleast for 4 to 5 minutes to make a soft dough.
- Divide the cheese dough into 16 to 17 tiny balls (angoors).
- In one pot, combine the water and sugar and keep it to boil.
- When the mixture comes to the rolling boil, lower the flame and add all the tiny balls(angoors) into the mixture.
- Boil the angoors into the mixture for 10 to 12 minutes.
- The angoors will be double in their size after cooking into the syrup.
- Take out all the angoors from the syrup,squeeze them a little and keep it aside.
For Making Rabdi
- Soak the saffron strand into about 2 tbsp of milk. Keep it aside.
- Pour the milk into one large pot and boil it on the medium flame.
- Stir continuously and cook till the milk reduces to half of its original quantity.
- Add the sugar and chopped pistachios .Stir well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Then add angoors.Let it cook for few minutes.
- Now mix in the cardamom powder and saffron mixture.
- Garnish with sliced almonds.and serve chill.