Vegetarians and meat lovers will enjoy this chili. It is hearty, filling, and easy to prepare. You can even make this chili
- Chickpeas - 1 tin (pre cooked)
- Lima beans , soaked and drained- 1/2 cup
- Red kidney beans - 1 tin (pre cooked)
- Green bell pepper,chopped - 1 medium
- Mushrooms, sliced - 1 cup
- Carrot, chopped - 2 medium
- Corn (Fresh/Frozen) - 1/2 cup
- Onion ,chopped - 1 medium
- Crushed tomatoes - 2&1/2 cups
- Garlic, minced - 4 cloves
- Green chilies,chopped - 2 nos
- Cilantro, chopped - 4 tbsp
- Bay leaf - 2 nos
- Cumin seeds -1 tsp
- Red chilly powder - 1 &1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Mexican Oregano - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Mexican cheese
- Chopped onion
- Avacado pieces
- Lemon juice
Electric Cooker Method
Switch on electric cooker and keep it on Cook Mode.
In rice cooker bowl heat olive oil and fry bay leaves and cumin seeds for 1 minute.
Add chopped green chilies minced garlic ,chopped onion ,salt and pepper. Saute the onion for 7 minutes until they are soft.
Mix in all vegetables, pulses and crushed tomatoes. stir everything and cook till you see light bubbles.
Then add red chilly powder, cumin powder and Mexican oregano. Stir well and add 1 cup of water and salt to taste.
Cover the cooker bowl and wait until cooker switches to Warm mode. Mine took 40 minutes.
Then using plastic ladle stir the chili once and serve hot with cheese, chopped onion and few avocado pieces on top