If you have never tried a Paan. Go try this and I am sure you will never say no to this.
- Paan(Betel leaves) - 1 no
- Gulkand - 1 tsp(Store brought)
- Mukhwaas - 1 tsp
- Sweetened coconut flakes - 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Glazed cherries - few, To garnish
- Toothpick - few, To seal
- Wash and pat dry the betel them using kitchen towel.Fold the leaf and slit the backside hard stalk of the paan leaf through out the halfway.
- At this point, you can spread little lime on the leaf. But I do not prefer to use lime in my way of meetha pan
- Now roll one edge of the pan to form the cone shape. Like wise also roll the another edge to form a proper cone to keep all the ingredients.
- Now add gulkand, mukhwas, coconut flakes and pinch of cardamom powder.
- Close it and place the glazed cherry on top of meetha pan and then insert the toothpick
- Enjoy Meetha Pan after lunch or dinner.
- Meetha paan can be stored in the refrigerator for a couple of days by simply wrapping the paan using silver foil
- Gulkand can be prepared at home by using home grown wild rose petals. But feel free to use readymade gulkand which is available at every Indian stores.
- Mukhwaas are also available in Indian stores in lots of varieties(flavours).
- Paans(Betel leaves) bought from the store can be kept fresh in the refrigerator by wrapping them into paper.