Muffins also known as quick bread can be easily prepared in no time. Fruits,vegetables and nuts can be used to give different flavors to your muffin.
I tried the the Muffin made up of fresh mangoes and walnuts.These muffins are nutritious,as I have used whole wheat flour which is the gluten free. Muffins are good alternative for breakfast or snack at tea time.
- Whole wheat flour - 1/2 cup
- Semolina - 1/2 cup
- Dry milk powder - 2 tbsp (optional)
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom powder -1 tsp
- Mango puree - 1 cup
- Canola oil (any vegetable oil) - 1/4 cup
- Yogurt - 2 tbsp
- Chopped walnuts - 1/4 cup
- Mix all the dry ingredients .i.e whole wheat flour,semolina,baking powder,baking soda and cardamom powder in a one bowl.Keep it aside.
- Then in another bowl,combine mango puree,oil and yogurt.Mix well
- Now drop the dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix gently using wooden spoon.
- Mix chopped walnuts and just fold them into batter.
- Preheat the oven at 375 F.
- Pour the batter into muffins cups and level it using the spoon.
- Bake them for 20 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean when inserted.
- Take them out of the oven and cool them on wire rack.