Mushroom 65 is one of the hot spicy Indian appetizer. Here the mushrooms are deep fried and then tossed into the hot spicy gravy.
The difference between the 65 recipe and machurian recipe, is that in 65 recipe we do not use any of the sauces.Instead fresh chillies,ginger and garlic are used to give the exotic flavour to the dish...
For Making Batter
- White mushrooms - 8 oz
- All purpose flour- 3/4 cup
- Corn starch or corn flour - 1/4 cup
- Red chilly powder - 1tsp
- Coriander powder - 1tsp
- Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Water as needed
- Onion, chopped - 1 medium
- Green chillies,slitted - 8 to 9 (you can increase or decrease the nos)
- Ginger,chopped - 2 tbsp
- Garlic, chopped - 3 tbsp
- Curry leaves - 8
- Spring onion - 3 tbsp
- Coriander powder - 1tbsp
- Orange food colour - a pinch ( totally optional)
- Yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Hot sauce - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Oil for frying
- Wash the mushrooms and dry them. Cut them into two halves.
- In a large bowl,mix all the ingredients as mentioned above for making batter.
- Do not add more water,we want the thick batter,just to coat the mushroom pieces lightly.
- Heat the oil into the frying pan. Deep fry all the mushroom pieces till they become light golden in colour.
- Keep the mushroom pieces on paper towel to remove the excess of oil.
- Place the pan on the medium flame and add 3 tbsp of oil into it.
- When oil heats up, add curry leaves ,chopped ginger,chopped garlic and slitted green chillies. Fry them for a minute.
- Then add chopped onion and cook till onion becomes soft.
- Add coriander powder and fry for 30 seconds.
- Now add yogurt, food colour,hot sauce and salt .Cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add deep fried mushroom pieces and cook till mushroom absorbs all the masala flavour and becomes dry.
- Add chopped spring onion. Stir well and turn off the flame.
- Mushroom 65 is ready to serve hot.
- You can omit the hot sauce and increase the amount of the red chilly powder or no of green chillies.
- You can totally omit the food colour and instead you can use a pinch of tumeric powder for the colour.