Egg puffs is one of the all time favorites for the college students and kids. This quick and easy egg puffs. recipe creates a delicious delight for any occasion.When eaten hot it’s got a nice crispy flaky texture, the outer casing of the puff pastry and the softness of the boiled egg stuffed inside.
- Puff Pastry - 1 sheets
- Eggs - 3
- Onion - 2 medium
- Ginger paste - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic -1/2 tsp
- Tumeric powder -1 /4 tsp
- Red chilly powder -1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Thaw the pastry sheets to room temperature.
- Boil the eggs, peel off the shells. Cut the them into halves. Keep it aside.
- Finely slice the onions.
- Place the pan on medium flame and add oil into it.
- When oil heats up, add cumin seeds. Let it splutter for 30 seconds.
- Add ginger paste and garlic paste. Fry till raw smell goes off.
- Then add sliced onion and fry till they are transparent.
- Add all dry masala powder and salt. Fry till raw smell goes off.
- Allow the onion masala to cool.
- Meanwhile take the pastry sheets and cut into 6 square pieces.
- Just roll out each pastry pieces by dusting with plain flour. Else you can skip this step.
- Take one piece of pastry sheet,keep the masala and on that place the egg. Fold it however you like.
- Repeat the step for remaining puffs. Place all the puffs in the baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake all the puffs for about 20 minutes or till they become golden brown.
- Serve the egg puffs with tomato ketchup.