Baked doughnuts are healthy and delicious alternative to deep fried doughnuts.Baked donuts are yummy breakfast treat. Fun of the doughnuts is that you can decorate the way you like.
- Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Softened butter -3 to 4 tbsp
- Flax seeds powder - 1 tbsp (substitute for egg =1 tbsp Flax seeds powder + 3 tbsp warm water)
- Sugar - 1/3 cup
- Yeast - 1 & 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Warm milk - 2/3 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla essence or almond essence - 1 tsp
For Chocolate Glaze
- Semisweet chocolate - 3/4 cup
- Unsalted butter - 2 tbsp
- Corn syrup - 1 tbsp (optional)
- Vanilla essence for more flavour - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Combine whole wheat flour, all purpose flour,flax seeds powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl and mix everything well.
- Add dry yeast, sugar in warm water and mix well.Let it stand for about 10 minutes.
- When yeast mixture is ready add softened butter and vanilla essence into it.
- Now add this yeast mixture to the combined flour and knead well till you get very stiffy dough.If required you can use little of warm water.
- Knead this stiffy dough for about 5 to 6 minutes by adding dry flour and prepare a soft dough.
- Place this soft dough into the greased bowl,cover it with damp cloth or plastic wrap for about 1 &1/2 hour. Keep it in the warm place( You can keep in the oven,just switch the oven to 200 deg F for about 3 to 4 minutes, then turn off the oven.).This will make dough ,double in its size.
- After1 &1/2 hour,punch the dough and remove all the air from it.
- Roll out the dough into circle of 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut out the rolled dough into doughnuts using doughnuts cutter .
- Place the doughnuts into baking tray, cover with damp cloth or plastic wrap and again keep it in warm place for about 30 minutes for second rise.
- After 30 minutes,bake the doughnuts at 375 F for about 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden color and done.
- Remove the doughnuts from baking tray and allow it to cool
- For preparing the chocolate glaze mixture, put the chocolate chips,butter and corn syrup in the glass bowl and microwave it for 30 seconds and whisk it to the smooth paste.Set the chocolate glaze aside
- When doughnuts cools down, put the cooling rack on the baking tray.
- Take the doughnut and dip into the glazing mixture. Now place the doughnuts onto the cooling rack
- If you like decorate with colourful sprinkles and let the chocolate glaze dry
- Then enjoy!!!.......