Hi Friendz...I wish everyone a Happy Ugadi..Ugadi stands for new and fresh – Life is always new and fresh – Let us strive to make all days Ugadi.
- Chickpea flour( Besan) - 1 Cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Yellow food colour
- Red food colour
- Green food colour
- Oil /Ghee for frying
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Saffron strands - few
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cashewnut pieces
- Melon seeds
- Mix besan and water and make a smooth thick paste. Consistency should be such that paste should be able to pass through the perforated spoon (spoon which has holes in it).
- Divide the batter and mix the colours to the batter. Batter mixed with yellow colour should be more than other two(red and green) colours.
- Put water and sugar in the pot ,place it on medium flame and bring it to boil. When sugar syrup starts to boil,turn down the flame to low .Let the syrup simmer on low flame till you get 1 &1/2 thread consistency. Add saffron strands and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Heat the oil in the pan and start frying the boondis using perforated spoon.
- Boondis in each batch takes only 2 to 3 minutes to fry.
- When boondis are fried, take them out and put directly into the sugar syrup.Mix well
- Repeat this step till all the coloured boondis are fried.
- Let the boondis soak in sugar syrup for few minutes.
- Then to the soaked boondis add cashewnuts, raisins and melon seeds.Mix well
- Transfer the mixture into another plate. Drain off if there is excess of syrup.
- If the mixture is still hot,allow it to become warm and start making the balls(ladoos).
- After making balls(ladoos),take some ghee in between your both the palms and apply to all over the each ladoos, this gives the ladoos a nice shiny look.