- Deseeded dates -13 oz
- Melted butter(ghee) -3tbsp
- Coconut powder -2tbsp
- Poppy seeds -2tbsp
- Cardamon powder -1/2tsp
- Chopped almonds -1/2 cup
- Chop all the deseeded dates and keep aside.
- Place thick bottomed pan on medium flame and add melted butter into it.
- When ghee heats up, add coconut powder and poppy seeds.
- Fry till light brown.
- Add chopped dates and cook till dates becomes soft like thick dough.
- Add cardamon powder to the mixture.
- When dates mixture becomes thick, bring it on the flat surface and roll it to thin like chapati.
- Spread 1/4 cup of chopped almonds on rolled dates mixture , fold it like log and seal it on both the sides.
- Cut this log into pieces of about 2 to 3 inches .
- Roll these logs into chopped almonds and press it little so that chopped almonds sticks on the rolls from all the sides.
- Khajur roll is ready to serve.