Mango season has already started. I can see varieties of mangoes coming to the market and have already started to taste them. Mangoes are my favorite fruit and I can survive on them without having anything else. Two days back I had bought some Alphonso mangoes to try. As you all know Alphonso mangoes are one of the expensive mango variety and also they are most delicate mangoes too. When I got them,mangoes were semi ripened, but today when I checked them, all mangoes had got beautiful yellow color. So thought to make some recipe from it instead leaving them to get spoiled. Then came up with idea of Mango triple. Triple desserts are the layered pudding dessert which can have multiple flavors into it. But for this Mango triple, I have tried to keep much of the mango flavors in the ingredients like I have used mango cake, mango custard , mango jelly so that the recipe can bring the taste of mangoes in every bite you have. So lets see how to make and assemble the recipe.
- Mango flavored cake, diced - 1 cup (I used store bought, As you can use simple vanilla cake also)
- Mango custard - 2 cups (follow the down recipe)
- Mango Jelly - 1/2 cup (follow the instructions in down recipe)
- Glazed red cherries, finely chopped - 10 nos
- Truity fruity - 2 tbsp
- Fresh Whipped Cream - 1/2 cup
- few crushed almonds - To garnish
Ingredients for Mango Custard
- Milk - 2 cups
- Cornflour - 2 tbsp
- Condensed milk - 1/2 cup (adjust the sweetness as per the mangoes, add if required more)
- Fresh thick mango pulp - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- Mix 1 tbsp of cornflour into 1/2 cup of milk.
- Keep the remaining milk to boil. Lower the heat, add in cornflour- milk mixture into the boiling milk.
- Stir the milk continuously to avoid any lumps .
- After few minutes you will see the mixture getting thick. turn off the flame.
- Now add in condensed milk, mango pulp and cardamom powder. Mix everything well.
- Let the mango custard cool down completely at room temperature.
- Then refrigerate it for further use in the recipe.
Ingredients for Mango Jelly
- Mango pulp - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Agar Agar powder-2 tsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Combine agar agar powder and water into one pot. Mix the mixture well and place it on the heat to boil.
- When you see the agar agar powder is getting dissolved into boiling water, add in mango pulp and sugar.
- Mix well and cook the mixture for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the flame.
- Pour the mango jelly mixture into the tray and allow it to cool down.
- Once the jelly is cool, refrigerate it to set it completely.
- Then slice the jelly and use it in the recipe as required.
Assembling of Mango Trifle
- Take a glasses of your choice. But make sure they are wide opened glasses with minimum depth.
- Fill 1/3 the glass with chilled creamy mango custard. Layer it properly from top.
- Then goes few diced mango cake pieces, followed with chopped glazed cherries and truity fruity.
- Then fill the remaining top space of glass with fresh whipped cream.
- Then top the triple with homemade mango jelly pieces and crushed almonds.
- Serve it chilled for the better taste.
- Mango Trifle is ready to serve.