During any festivities in childhood, pedas were the common delicacies. visitors used to come with pedas. More than the taste we used to be crazy for the various shapes of pedas such as dolls, fruits, vegetables etc. Tasting yummy, pedas were definitely the best gift that i received and shared.
- Ricotta cheese - 7 oz
- Condensed milk -1/2 tin
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Yellow food color
- Red food color
- Cloves- 15 ( for stalk)
- Heat ghee into a non stick pan and add ricotta cheese and condensed milk into the pan.
- Stir the mixture continuously till the whole thing reduces and becomes really thick.
- You can add little more ghee if you find the mixture is till sticky.
- Then add cardamom powder and yellow food colour. Mix well till the mixture gets a nice yellow colour. Cook for 2 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Take out the dough into one plate and allow it to cool down till the dough is bearable to roll kit into small pedas.
- Grease your palms with little ghee and divide the mixture into 15 equal sized portion and smooth out each portion into round ball, avoid any cracks.
- Make a small dent with your little finger and put a clove upright into the center of the dent.
- Repeat the same with remaining dough mixture. Be fast because once the dough cools down it may become dry to smooth out the pedas.
- After you finish shaping the pedas finish off with a touch of red colour at the top with small brush or damp paper towel. Allow them to dry for a while.
- Beautiful mini apples are ready to serve.